Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Most Beautiful Song

A friend of mine recently asked "What do you think is the most beautiful song ever?" That left it pretty open to individual interpretation, so it wasn't geared toward a specific genre. I saw a few answers that i sort of expected, being famous classical pieces and such, but mine was more about how it made me feel. The song i answered with is calming, soothing, has a simple yet infectious bassline, and a soft melody. The song has the feel of a giant sigh of relief, as if you had just completed an arduous journey that was stacked against you from the start; and were met with lots of sacrifice along the way. this is the song id expect to hear playing after you finish, and are on your way home, victorious.

Orbital - Halcyon & on & on

(the video also adds to the sheer epicness of this song)

25 comments:

  1. Nice. Haven't heard this since I last watched Hackers. I should watch that again sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great song....didn't even remember it existed so thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful song. Great recommendation. I'll be following

    ReplyDelete
  4. please feel free to tell me what song you would pick as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great song, as for my opinion on the most beautiful song, I have no idea...

    ReplyDelete
  6. The video clip is really nice, the landscapes are brilliant and the scenes are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beauty

    Followin n supporting - commenters n posters
    therichesthappiest.blogspot.com
    ReliAble ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting posts...Following your blog. Please visit my blog and do follow and leave a comment there....really appreciate it. Thanks. Have a great day
    http://freedelicacies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. andy blueman's remix of afternova's serenity made me tear up the first time. gives me goosebumps every time (at around 2:00, then it just escalates).

    http://youtu.be/Z54Z7UC1Ox4?hd=1

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally forgot about this song man, tis sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice song

    I wait on my blog

    $upporting

    http://darkbogdanel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting....I like it. Good song, and the video was truly beautiful besides.

    Nice blog, I'll be following, feel free to do the same if you'd like:

    http://justsomespice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Speaking of soundtrack songs, how about Six Underground, by Sneaker Pimps (from The Saint)?

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow! very nice way of expressing yourself. you sure got me excited for some great music. i will defenatly check it out once i get home!

    ReplyDelete
  15. can't beat celine dion - my heart will go on

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cool choice, however I would chose something totally different!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your friends question was veeeeery individual, but your answer was excellent

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your friend's question was very general, but your answer was an excellent response

    ReplyDelete