Thursday, February 24, 2011

Soul Calibur 2...

in response to my last post, i had no idea dueces meant goodbye; i meant it in the "two" sense haha. im gonna be around a while..... hopefully this doesnt disappoint anyone.

Soul Calibur 2 was a kick ass game. i love the fighting styles, the graphics and design, and i thought it was cool that each system had its own unique character. Obviously gamecube got Link, i was super jealous that xbox got Spawn, and the PS2, my system, got Heihachi. Bullshit. total bullshit.
   Sure, Tekken is a staple game for Sony, and soul calibur is a fighting game, but the Soul series is about kicking ass with weapons. Heihachi has no weapons, just lame bracelets at best ("his hands are deadly weapsons" is a cop out.) So why the hell did they put him in the game?
     They already have a Tekken character, Yoshimitsu, so why add another?  I liked that you could choose different styles of weapons for your characters as you advanced in the game, but all Heihachi got was different tattoo sleeves to wear on his arms. ick.
I think the powers that be should have went with Dante. He has a sword, thats pretty much all the criteria you need, and its something heihachi couldn't meet. But he also happens to be the protagonist of one of the best playstation game series ever. Is there any other superior candidate you think the PS2 version should've gotten?

Well now that my childish, outdated diatribe is finished, i think i can finally get over this injustice. feelsgoodman.jpg

28 comments:

  1. you can also say 'drop a deuce' which means take a shit haha, deuce means a lot of things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I loved soul calibur 2, it would of been awesome with Dante.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soul Calibur 2 was awesome! I still have it for ps2 but I do agree with you Heihaci is kinda of lame. I think a good character would have been Cloud from FFVII :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soul Caliber was a great series. One of my favorite fighting games.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember playing a demo version of it in a shop, I had a real blast playing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. one of the best fighters game on PS2

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha i thought of drop a deuce too, as in take a shit like somebody said :p

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to play SC all the time with my buddies on weekends. Had some pretty epic times!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I played the first Soul Calibur and really enjoyed it. Seems I'll have to play the 2nd one too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. never played any of those games, i just got into gaming pretty recently

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just remember Stewie from Family Guy used to say deuce all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i used to play sc2 for hours each day

    ReplyDelete
  13. Man I have "borrowed" Soul Calibur off my cuz like 5 months ago and I've no intention of giving it back haha

    ReplyDelete
  14. I played Soul Caliber 2 nonstop for about a week. It was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is an excellent game. Good post mate!

    ReplyDelete
  16. just downloaded a ps2 emulator and slammed my old devil may cry ps2 disc in

    gonna be a long night fk you.

    followed, supported.
    skintbulk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I used to play a substantial amount of Tekken.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've always thought deuces to mean 'twos' when playing cards.
    Also dropping deuces means having a shit (number two!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Link was the best SC2 character. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thinking about giving SC2 a try. Loved the first.

    ReplyDelete
  21. it is good game, I must buy it, nice post

    + followed:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. soul caliber and tekken used to own my life a few years ago Ha ha! Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  23. awesome series!!

    http://all-around-toto.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I played this so much on the dreamcast. I still own a dreamcast but i dont own the game.

    ReplyDelete